Thursday, May 15, 2008

Iguazu Falls (Argentina and Brazil)

Brendan and I took an 18 hour overnight bus ride up to what everyone describes as a ¨must see¨ if you are in the Buenos Aires vicinity - Iguazu Falls. Bus rides can actually be quite comfortable down here depending on the class of service you choose. For about $8 more, we upgraded to Cama service which includes a bigger, more horizontal seat, dinner (with wine), a scotch on the rocks nightcap and breakfast.


We were actually quite rested upon arrival and after checking in I went over to the Brazilian side of the falls while Brendan, thwarted at the border for not having the $100 visa (none needed with my Irish passport), checked out town. After a full day exploring the amazing Argentinian side of these falls the next day, Brendan and I sadly parted ways. He's returning to BA for a couple days before heading back to Colorado and I've decided to forgo Paraguay and am headed west to northern Argentina. It was really great to be able to travel with such a great friend for a couple weeks.
(travel note - After leaving Iguazu, I was headed for Resistencia, Argentina but due to a farmer's strike (they happen all the time here) blocking the road, I had to stop short in Corrientes and book another night bus to Salta. Somehow in the confusion, I lost my shoes and now am traveling with only flip flops.)

No comments:

Post a Comment