Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mendoza - Argentinian wine country



Mendoza sits almost directly between Santiago and Buenos Aires and provided a nice break between these two large cities. I basically spent the time here chilling out with some friends, enjoying the weekend nightlife in an Argentinian city and exploring some of the many vineyards by bicycle. Surreal was also redefined as we watched a Guns 'N Roses cover band tear it up at a club one night on the outskirts of town.

(It is pretty amazing, though I am used to it by now, that wherever I go, I run into people I've met somewhere else on this continent. On one day in Mendoza, I ran into friends I had made in three other cities including an Israeli couple I had spent a day hiking with in Ushuaia two months and two thousand miles before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment