Friday, November 14, 2008

Costa Rica - more familiar faces

As if catching up with a couple good friends from DC wasn´t enough, the joy of seeing Zach and Bart was made all the greater by the fact that they were waiting for me in a dry house and had cold beer at the ready. I got off a bus on the side of a dark road near where I thought Bart´s house was and ran a few hundred yards in a torrential downpour to meet them. After a long day of travel up from Panama, seeing the guys was awesome. For the next week, we did lots of getting hammered by waves, relaxing around the pool and watching CNN & Fox News. After being detached from the inundation of campaign coverage for so long, I was actually excited to catch up on as much election news as I could. What a change from past years when I normally can´t wait to get away from it all.

Near the end of the week, we headed out into the Monteverde and Volcano Arenal areas for some hiking, swimming and hours of ´bet you can´t hit that thing with a rock´. We even found a 10k race in San Jose which was a very cool way to spend our last day together before parting ways.

I absolutely love traveling solo, but it´s been really cool to have had visits from such good friends along the way. Now that the visits are over, I can't wait to get home and see everyone else.




















No comments:

Post a Comment